I used chargrilled eggplant, mushrooms, and courgette leftover from a BBQ the day before. My personal preference is to use puff pastry. I choose the reduced fat variety for health reasons. However, an even healthier option is to use lavash bread or filo pastry instead.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Lightly spray two muffin trays with oil. Cut up pastry into squares and press into muffin holes.
- In a small fry pan, heat pepperoni with onion, cooking until fat has rendered off and onion is translucent. Set to the side to cool.
- Combine remaining vegetables, eggs, and mozarella in a large bowl.
- Spoon egg mixture into pastry lined muffin trays, but only half filling.
- Unwrap and fold cheese slices to divide each into 4 small squares. Lay a small square on the egg mix in each muffin hole. Cover with spoonfuls of the remaining egg mix, dividing it evenly among all muffin holes.
- Bake at 180 degrees for about 50min or until egg is set in the middle.
- Delicious served hot or cold.