As far as sweet treats go, these fruit balls actually make quite nutritious little snacks. Full of dried fruits and calcium rich sweetened condensed milk, they are high in sugar but also high in fibre, and a source of calcium and iron.
- Preparation should begin a few days in advance. Pour orange juice over mixed fruit and cherries, cover, and store in refridgerator for at least 2-3 days.
- Use a blender or food processor to crumb arrowroot biscuits.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients - biscuit crumbs, cocoa powder, milk powder, and coconut.
- Make a well in the centre of dry mix and pour in condensed milk and fruit. Stir well with a wooden spoon until thoroughly combined. Mixture will be reasonably difficult to stir.
- Use a teaspoon to measure mix, form into balls and then roll gently in additional coconut to coat.
- Place coconut coated balls on plate and then freeze until needed.