Like other recipes I have listed, the addition of vegetable purees boosts the nutrition content of this meal. Ground flaxseed also adds omega-3s.
Serve with steamed veges or a spinach and rocket salad and sweet chilli dipping sauce.
- In a blender, puree the onion, garlic, mushrooms, chilli sauce and sesame oil
- Combine above puree with remaining ingredients (except rice) in a large bowl
- With clean hands, mix well and form into small balls about the size of a plum
- Roll each ball in uncooked basmati rice
- Place a single layer of formed balls in a bamboo steamer and steam for about 30min or until rice is cooked and balls cooked through.