Sweet potatoes are high in fibre and low in GI. Eggs are a great source of protein. I use mozzarella as it is a lower salt cheese and I am cooking for a baby. However, a tastier cheese like cheddar or even gruyere would suit this recipe.
Suitable for 7-9 mths +.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Heat oil in a large oven-safe frypan. Add onion over high heat and cook until caramalised. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, combine beaten eggs, nutmeg, and cheese.
- Add roasted sweet potato to onion in pan. Spread evenly through.
- Pour egg mix over sweet potato and onion.
- Place pan in oven. Cook at 180 degrees for about 40min or until just set in the centre.