Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Apples and Strawberries

I had some beautiful baby organic Royal Gala apples that were just starting to get a bit old. The apples were so small, but delicious. A perfect size for two year olds, but a bit of a bother for me to peel.

In the end, I cut them up skin and all, and popped them fresh into the food processor with a handful of strawberries. The addition of strawberries ensured the fresh apple did not oxidise and turn brown.

The result: A delicious puree with all the goodness of whole fruit. It was a novelty for my two year old, and a tasty treat for my 7mth old.

After giving a little to my girls, I then cooked the rest of it in a saucepan with a few spoonfuls of sugar. Yum! We are all now enjoying a delicious nutritious fruit treat on our cereal, swirled into yoghurt, and drizzled over ice cream.


No comments:

Post a Comment