For a delicious twist, serve hot with a dash of cream.
- Preheat oven to 140 degrees. Grease and line large springform cake tin.
- Combine dried fruit, blueberries, and treacle in large bowl.
- In another bowl, combine flour, almond meal and spice.
- In a third bowl, beat margarine with brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time.
- Fold flour mix into beaten margarine mix.
- Then add fruit mix and gently fold in as well.
- Pour cake mix into tin and spread mix out evenly. Top with blanched almonds.
- Bake at 140 degrees for about 90 minutes or until skewer tests clean.